The constant use of chemicals, sun exposure, pollution and a wide variety of external factors have increased the need to use treatments to revitalize the hair.
While hair health also depends on nutrition and lifestyle habits, repair products have become a solution for problems such as dryness and breaking of the tips.
Luckily, in addition to the conventional alternatives of the market, there are several options of natural origin whose regular application offers good results. Have you already tried the clay and coconut oil treatment?
Clay and coconut oil to revitalize hair
Both clay and coconut oil contain very beneficial nutrients for hair health. In fact, both have become bases for the manufacture of various cosmetic products whose purpose is to restore vitality and shine to the mane.
Of course, their properties can also be used in their natural state, since both ingredients are easy to acquire and can be combined in the same treatment. Do you know their benefits? Then we review them in detail.
Benefits of hair clay
Clay is a natural ingredient that has become popular as a cosmetic treatment of skin and hair in most spas. It stands out for its interesting concentration of nutrients, such as those derived from aluminum silicates and colloidal hydroxides with iron.
It also contains potassium, boron, sulfur, calcium and other elements whose assimilation contributes to improving skin and hair health. In the case of hair, the clay contributes to restoring the keratin that is lost due to environmental aggressions. On the other hand, it helps:
- Remove excess fat and dead cells.
- Remove impurities that block the hair follicles.
- Strengthen the scalp
- Seal the strands.
- Reduce dryness
Benefits of coconut oil to revitalize hair
Coconut oil is one of the most used natural cosmetics today. Not only does it help maintain good skin health, but it also strengthens the hair and helps fight hair disorders such as dandruff and scalp psoriasis, among others.
It is estimated that 50% of its composition is lauric acid, a component that has antifungal and antibacterial properties, suitable to prevent infections in the scalp. Also, this substance favors the maintenance of hair protein, which helps keep it strong.
On the other hand, its medium chain fatty acids help regulate the pH of the scalp, avoiding problems such as excessive dryness or excessive production of fat. Therefore, it is considered suitable for all types of hair. Other benefits include:
- Stimulates healthy hair growth
- Contributes to repair the split ends.
- It fights the dryness and the damages caused by the rays of the sun.
- Restores brightness and vitality.
- It serves as a conditioner.
- Nourishes and moisturizes hair
How to use clay and coconut oil to revitalize hair
To revitalize the hair with these natural ingredients, we can prepare a very simple home treatment. Although in the market there are some options available with these ingredients, doing it at home guarantees the use of all its properties.
The most interesting thing is that, often, buying them in their natural presentation is cheaper than acquiring commercial creams and treatments. Therefore, we invite you to implement the following steps to do it at home. Do not stop trying!
- 2 tablespoons of white clay (30 g).
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (40 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil (20 ml, optional).
- First, pour the white clay into a deep bowl.
- Then, add the coconut oil and mix to integrate the ingredients.
- If you wish, add a spoonful of jojoba oil to enhance its properties.
- When you obtain a homogeneous treatment, proceed to apply it.
Mode of use
- To begin, moisten the hair and separate it in several strands.
- Next, extend the treatment from the roots to the tips.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with plenty of cold water.
- Finally, dry and comb as usual.
Are you looking for a solution to repair your damaged hair? Do not hesitate to try this treatment of coconut oil and clay. Use it at least 2 times a week and you will notice the difference.