Cheese made from soy milk is commonly known as tofu. Rich in protein and low in fat, it is an important source of calcium and vitamins. In addition, it has a flavor that makes it possible to cook it practically in any way and with all kinds of ingredients. Do you know our recipes with tofu?
In this article we offer you 2 simple recipes with tofu that you must try: easy, nutritious and delicious, what are you waiting for?
Tofu is a vegetable-based food made from soy milk after processing very similar to that of traditional cheese. However, tofu does not contain lactose, so it is ideal for those who have an intolerance to it. On the other hand, being of vegetable origin, it is especially appreciated by vegans and vegetarians.
Some benefits (and limitations) of tofu consumption
- Although its origin is vegetable, its protein content is high and quality: it contains the eight essential amino acids.
- It also provides essential fatty acids, vitamin E and lecithins that help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- In addition, it is rich in calcium (159 mg of calcium per 100 grams), iron, zinc, in addition to other minerals and vitamins.
- It’s content in isoflavones, along with the contribution of calcium and proteins, making it a very indicated food to balance estrogen. Therefore, its use is recommended to women during the menopause stage.
On the other hand, it is rich in fiber and low in calories
- However, we must take into account that soy and all its derivatives also have high amounts of oxalate, so those who suffer problems such as kidney stones should avoid consuming it.
Recipes with tofu
- 200 grams of tofu
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 or 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Frying oil
- Black pepper
- Sesame seeds
- First, we must prepare the marinade for the recipe. For this, in a bowl, we add the oil and garlic clove very well chopped. In addition, we incorporate the spices, that is, thyme and oregano, and season them to taste.
- Next, we stir this mixture very well to mix the ingredients and then we introduce the tofu cut into pieces. Do not forget to drain it well before adding it to the marinade sauce.
- Then, we should leave the tofu well impregnated in the marinade and wait for it to take all the flavor of the spices. The longer you leave it, the better. Ideally, place it in the fridge for about 4 or 5 hours, turning the tofu over half the time so that it absorbs the marinade everywhere.
- After these hours, on a plate, add flour to coat and sesame seeds. Then, flour the pieces of tofu.
- Subsequently, in a pan with plenty of oil and very hot, we frying the pieces of tofu until golden brown.
- We place on absorbent paper so that the excess oil is released and, ready! We can already enjoy marinated tofu with an incredible flavor.
Tofu burgers: recipes with tofu
- 250 grams of tofu (not very soft)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- Bread crumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Cilantro or parsley
- Red pepper
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- In the first place, we wash, peel and chop the onion well. Then, fry in a pan with a little oil until golden brown and tender and soft. We separate.
- Next, we should chop the coriander and garlic cloves. They should be chopped very well, so if you prefer, you can use the blender. Then, add the tofu and continue beating until there is a homogeneous mixture.
- Subsequently, add the onion, the egg, the bread crumbs, and the chili. Also, add salt and pepper according to the taste and stir for all the ingredients are well integrated.
We must remain a malleable mass that we should knead and give it a hamburger shape (the size we prefer).
- Subsequently, flour or empanada hamburgers (as we prefer) and fry them with a little olive oil.
We serve them hot and enjoy them with our favorite garnish or put them in the bread in the most classic “hamburger” style.