Acne is not a serious health problem in most cases, at least from an organic point of view. From the psychological point of view, on the other hand, it does cause significant affectations, since it can affect the appearance and self-esteem. Can green tea help acne treatment?
Typically, acne responds well to home treatments, including green tea. Only rarely does it become resistant and in those cases the specialized intervention of a dermatologist is necessary. This problem mainly affects teenagers, but it can appear at any age.
Acne has a higher incidence in women, but its manifestations in men are more severe. 5% of women continue to suffer until they are 40 years old. In general, it is considered that there is a serious concomitant problem if acne suddenly appears in an older adult.
Let’s know acne
Acne is a skin disorder that affects the hair follicles and sebaceous glands. The skin has small holes called pores. These are connected internally with the sebaceous glands, through a duct called follicle.
The sebaceous glands produce a fatty substance called sebum. Sebum transports dead skin cells to the surface, through the follicles. Hair also grows through such follicles. Sometimes dead cells, sebum, and hair come together and plug the pore.
The confluence of dead cells, sebum, and hair causes bacteria to clump together at one point. This causes swelling. At the moment when the plug begins to clog, a pimple or pimple is formed. Acne appears on the face, neck, chest, back, and shoulders.
Factors that affect acne
There are some factors that predispose to acne, including age, family history, hormonal changes, skin contact with fatty substances, pressure or continued friction on the skin (such as cell phones exert against the face) and stress
In turn, there are several factors that can make acne worse. These are:
- Ingestion of certain medications. Basically, those that contain corticosteroids, lithium or testosterone.
- The diet. According to studies, the foods that most affect acne are carbohydrates, chocolate and skim
- milk. Foods with high-fat content have no higher incidence.
- Hormones Hormonal changes of puberty, as well as the menstrual period, pregnancy and the use of oral contraceptives, increase sebum production.
- Stress. Although anxiety alone does not cause acne, it can make it worse.
There is a myth that acne arises from lack of hygiene. This is false. Even washing the skin with excessive force or with very strong soaps can make the problem worse. The use of cosmetics, by itself, also does not generate or increase acne.
Acne treatment with green tea
Green tea is a natural astringent that offers interesting results in the treatment of acne. It is also an antioxidant ingredient that helps eliminate excesses in oily skin.
Drinking green tea helps fight acne, as it helps reduce the production of sebum on the skin. By the way, it also moderates the levels of insulin and blood sugar. As always, it is not good to exaggerate. Having green tea a day is enough.
Likewise, green tea can be used as a topical solution. Simply apply a compress of green tea extract on the affected area. This helps eliminate bacteria from the area, reduces inflammation and prevents the appearance of spots.
Other ways to use green tea against acne
There are other slightly more elaborate ways of using green tea. Not only do they help you treat acne, but they improve the overall appearance of your skin. They provide freshness, firmness and prevent aging. Some of the most effective masks are the following:
- Green tea and honey A spoonful of each element is mixed and a paste is formed. It is then applied to the face and allowed to act for 15 or 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and repeat twice a week.
- Green tea and aloe. You need two bags of green tea, a tablespoon of aloe and a cup of water. An infusion is made with the two tea bags and allowed to cool. It is then mixed with the other ingredients and put in an atomizer. Spray the face after bathing.
Have you tried any remedies with green tea against acne? As you can see, both its consumption and its application can be beneficial to treat this skin problem. Start using it and check its effects.