Eating a healthy snack can help maintain an optimal level of physical and mental energy to achieve good performance in everyday activities. While other main meals are necessary, eating this snack is very beneficial.
However, it is important to know how to prepare them with healthy ingredients, since not all options are valid. Processed foods, flours and sugars are options that should be discarded. So, what to prepare? Next, we share 5 recipes.
Importance of consuming a healthy snack
Many people overlook the snack because they think that if they eat it they can get fat. However, contrary to this, enjoying this meal of the day can be beneficial, both for body weight and for physical and mental health.
Not having a snack means spending a lot of time without consuming any food; That’s why, often, the person feels without energy and with problems of concentration. In addition, usually, arrive with more hunger at dinner time and take more food than you should.
Summarizing the above, consuming a healthy snack is important because:
- It allows controlling the anxiety for food.
- Maintains a good physical and mental performance.
- Contributes to regulate the activity of metabolism.
- Promotes good brain functioning.
- It helps an adequate supply of nutrients.
Recipes to enjoy a healthy snack
The best way to enjoy a healthy snack is by choosing natural foods, free of chemicals and industrial processes. Although the industry has promoted many processed snack foods, it is better to spend a little time on natural recipes. Take note!
1. Wrapped with turkey and avocado
With this delicious wrapped turkey and avocado you will only be consuming about 185 calories. In addition, you will get more contribution of fatty acids, protein and vitamins and minerals. We tell you how to prepare it at home.
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 slice of turkey
- 1/4 of ripe avocado.
- First, spread the corn tortilla and mash the avocado.
- Then, spread the slice of turkey over the tortilla and then cover it with the crushed avocado.
- Wrap and consume
2. Hard eggs stuffed with hummus
Chickpea hummus is a low-calorie preparation that can be used to substitute sauces and creams in many recipes. In this case, we propose to use it to fill the eggs and replace their buds. Test it!
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons hummus of chickpeas (60 g)
- To start, cook the eggs in water until they are hard.
- Then, remove the skin and remove the yolk.
- To finish, fill each egg with hummus of chickpeas.
3. Zucchini and salmon rolls
Who says we can not enjoy salmon in the snack? If you want to get an extra dose of omega 3 and protein, do not hesitate to enjoy this simple recipe. You’ll love it!
- 3 strips of zucchini.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (15 ml).
- 2 slices of smoked salmon.
- First, cut the zucchini strips and fry them in a little olive oil.
- Then, sprinkle a little more oil on the vegetable and cover it with the salmon slices.
- Finally, you can roll it up with the help of a toothpick.
4. Tuna sandwich
The classic tuna sandwich is one of the healthy snacks you can not miss. In addition to being delicious, its combination of ingredients gives you energy, protein, healthy fats and other important nutrients that promote your well-being.
- Tuna in oil (50 g).
- 2 lettuce leaves.
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread.
- To begin, drain the tuna in oil.
- Then, on one of the slices of bread, put the lettuce and the tuna.
- To finish, cover with another slice of bread and enjoy.
5. Yogurt with fruit, healthy and quick snack
Do you have little time to prepare a healthy snack? Then choose this option. Natural yogurt is a food full of nutrients good for the body. In addition, it is perfect to combine it with your favorite fruits. In total, you’ll be taking just 120 calories.
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (125 ml).
- Cranberries (50 g).
- First, pour the plain yogurt in a bowl and wash the blueberries.
- Next, cut the fruit and add it to the bowl with yogurt.
- Finally, if you wish, add a little crushed nut.