Know Politician Shah Faesal Height, Age, Wiki, Biography Family & more. Shah Faesal is an Indian Politician. She was born on 17 May 1983 in Kupwara.
Shah Faesal (IAS) Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Profession||Former Civil Servant (IAS), Doctor, Politician|
|Famous For||The first Kashmiri Muslim to top the UPSC Examination|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Date of Birth||17 May 1983|
|Age (as in 2018)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Sheikh Nar in Sogam area, Lolab Valley, Kupwara, J&K, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Kupwara, J&K, India|
|School||Government High School, Sogam, Kupwara|
|College/University||Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Science (SKIMS), Srinagar, J&K|
|Educational Qualification||MBBS from SKIMS Medical College, J&K|
|Political Inclination||National Conference|
|Hobbies||Doing Group Discussion, Listening to Music, Travelling, Reading, Writing|
|Controversies||• In April 2018, he drew the ire of the DoPT after his Tweet- “Population+patriarchy+illiteracy +alcohol +porn+ technology+anarchy = rapistan.” His Tweet came in the context of the Kathua Rape Case.
• He attracted another controversy when he compared Article 35-A of the Constitution to a marriage deed between India and Jammu and Kashmir, “I would compare Article 35A to a marriage-deed/nikahnama. You repeal it and the relationship is over. Nothing will remain to be discussed afterwards.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father– Ghulam Rasool Shah (a government school teacher; killed by militants in 2002)
Mother– Mubeena Shah (a government school teacher)
|Siblings||Brother– Shah Nawaz (younger; Doctor)
Sister– Talat Shah (younger; Library Assistant)
|Favourite Civil Servant||Abdul Gani Mir; a 1994 Batch IPS Officer|
|Favourite Film||La La Land (2016)|
|Favourite Leader||Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Richa Sharma, Maha Ali Kazmi|
|Favourite Music Genre||Sufi|
|Favourite History Teacher||Moshik Temkin|
|Favourite Poet(s)||Dr Iqbal, Oscar Wilde|
|Favourite Book||Imagining India by Nandan Nilekani|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shah Faesal
- Shah Faesal has been an Indian Civil Servant from Jammu & Kashmir who is best known as the first Kashmiri Muslim to top the UPSC Examination in 2009.
- Dr. Shah Faesal belongs to Sheikh Nar Village, a remote village in Kupwara district of J&K.
- He grew up watching the bloodshed in Kashmir, which also took his father’s life who was killed by some unidentified militants in 2002; at that time, Shah Faesal was just 9-year-old.
- In an interview, Shah Faesal’s mother said that her husband was killed because he refused shelter to militants.
- He did his schooling in the vernacular language, i.e., Urdu, from a government school in Kupwara.
- It was his father who taught him English and Mathematics in his school.
- His family moved from Kupwara to Srinagar; after his father’s killing.
- After his schooling, Shah Faesal went for his MBBS from Srinagar’s Sher-i-Kashmir Medical College.
- After completing his MBBS, Dr. Shah Faesal became an RTI activist in Srinagar, and soon, he became a popular RTI activist in the area.
- It was during his RTI activism that he had realised to serve the country at a larger scale and decided to prepare for the Civil Services.
- During an interview, Dr. Faesal revealed that he was inspired by Abdul Gani Mir, a 1994 Batch IPS Officer from Kupwara. Dr. Shah Faesal has been in touch with him since 2007.
- Dr. Faesal was so confident of his success that he had decided to give just one attempt to the UPSC Examination, and that too, only after preparing in just one month; without the aid of any coaching centre.
- He also decided not to go to Delhi for his UPSC preparation; rather decided to prepare for the examination by staying in Srinagar.
- When Shah Faesal had emerged as the topper of the UPSC Examination; held in 2009, he became the poster boy of UPSC in Kashmir.
- After becoming a UPSC Topper, Dr. Faesal became a role model to the UPSC aspirants across India. He also started delivering motivational lectures to the UPSC aspirants.
- On 9 January 2019, the 35-year-old Shah Faesal resigned from the Indian Administrative Service, he said that his decision was “to protest against the unabated killings in Kashmir, and lack of any sincere reach out from the Union government.”
- Dr Faesal went on to launch a scathing attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government at the Centre, saying the “subversion of public institutions like the Reserve Bank of India, the Central Bureau of Investigation and the National Investigation Agency has the potential to decimate the constitutional edifice of this country and it needs to be stopped.”