However, as we all recognize about losing rankings while shifting but, we assure 100% that you will not lose Google Ranking if you keep an eye on below steps properly.
Moving from Blogger to WordPress
I have Reasons to Why You Must Migrate Blogger to WordPress Right Away.
Yes!! Whatever the guide we provide is to safe side bloggers from Google Suspicious Penalties, am really scared about Google Suspicious Penalties – What is this? Will it ban my site completely? Will it disable my all associated websites in Web Master Tools?
Certainly Yes!! One cannot or can not ever predict the upcoming updates, its effects towards a single website or a blog.
How Google Suspicious Penalties Effect My Website?
You may be thinking about this sentence fair before or so earlier but, once your blog or website is penalized by Google – Surely there will be some slight reduction in Organic Traffic, the main reason behind this may be having unnatural back links from irrelevant sources and copied contents, best and possible solution to Get Rid of Google Penalty is removing all the contents, disavowing links by means of Web Master Tools.
Best and Worst Reasons to Shift Blogger to WordPress
Once you register a domain and hosted it on Blogger Platform – You cannot rely on this platform for long term basis but why? Yes!! Google at any time may remove all your contents without any intimation (Since, Blogger is Owned by Google.Inc).
- You cannot modify Blogger Layout.
- Blogger 53% of SEO optimized, when it comes to WordPress we have several plug-in to customize and used it for SEO purposes.
- If you are running any Event Bloggingthen blogger for hosting is very best (Be sure), as Google may delete your blog for reasons like Unexpected High Traffic etc…
Decided to Migrate from Blogger to WordPress? Then here are some of the best points to keep in mind before shifting.
- Best Hosting:– As per we are concern to Blogging, BlueHost, HostGator are one of the leading Hosting Provider, if you have any more queries regarding hosting then do let us know by means of comment or click on contact us page.
- Theme: – If you niche is all about Tech or running Multi Niche then the best recommended theme websites is com.
- Plug-ins: – SEO by Yoast, Akismat, Quick Ad-Sense & WordPress Importer
We had mentioned very few plug-in lists, still there are some other left which will be shared by me in the next article.
Did you install WordPress on cPanel?
If not, no issues I’ll guide you now – Primarily Login with the credentials which you created while purchasing Domain and Hosting.
- One you signed in, go tocPanel and there you will be having some options like Tutorials, Installer and Software Installer.
- Click on Software Installer– Here you be given a list of CMS to choose and install – Anyhow our meaning to shift to WordPress, then click on WordPress and it will automatically start installation process, while it is being done it will ask you to assign User Name, Password and Link to install this WordPress.
- Be alert while installing – www.example.com/ is right not www.example.com/wp.
If you have any doubts while installing WordPress Immediately contact us – Our guidelines are opened for 24/7.
Steps to Migrate Blogger to WordPress at a Glance:-
Once everything is done correctly, here comes the very important step (i.e. transferring all your contents (Images, Post and Tags) from Blogger to WordPress. This is the easiest way to migrate.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings> Import
- Now, you will be getting several Categories like Blogger, RSS and others.
- Just click on Blogger, now it automatically starts installing Plug-in.
- Once installation is done, click on ActivateTab to continue importing files.
- After that you will be asked to Authorize this plug-in, this is to ensure that you are requesting Google for transferring all your contents to WordPress.
- Click on Accept or Allow AccessButton to continue.
- Finish!! Now you imported all your contents from Blogger to WordPress Successfully.
What is Next?
- Install Best WordPress Theme
- Use our Recommended Plug-in
- Change Permalink Structure of your blog – Go to Settings > General
- SEO Best Permalink Structure: www.example.com/post-name
- Not Recommended Structure: www.example.com/17/6/2015/post-name
- Since Google only shows first three words of your permalinks so, better be wise in choosing structure.
- One of the essential steps after migrating from Blogger to WordPress.
- Go to Blogger>Settings> Clickon Template.
- Now, scroll down and click on Revert to Classic Template.
Once you replace www.example.com with your domain name click on save template, now you are successfully redirected your domain.
We covered almost all the points that are essential to Migrate from Blogger to WordPress, too we covered some other aspects linked to SEO, Design and others, still this article need to update and will be done very soon. If you have any queries left then do ask here by means of comment.
Enjoy and Please share this article with your social friends.