Facial flaccidity appears as the years go by because the muscles of the face lose their strength, and the skin of the face tends to fall down.
It can appear on the cheeks, on the forehead, on the jowls, on the neck and on the upper eyelids of the eyes, but you can perform facial exercises to prevent and improve the sagging of the face.
Exercises to cope with facial sagging
1. For the forehead
- You must raise and lower your eyebrows using the muscles on the front of your head.
- Next, if you are able, you should contract the muscles in the back of the head, which will cause the ears to move back and forth.
2. For the upper eyelids of the eyes
- Place the index above each eyebrow and press lightly down; While pressing, try raising your eyebrows up.
- This exercise works the muscles that surround the eye and helps tone and strengthen the upper eyelid.
- Repeat the exercise at least 10 times, several times a day.
3. For the cheeks
- Place the middle fingers of each hand on each side of the nose, and with the thumb of each hand, take as much fat as you can from the cheek, squeeze and raise the cheeks towards the eyes.
- Hold this position and repeat 20 times, at least twice a week. This exercise helps lift the cheeks.
4. For the double chin
- Place the three middle fingers on the top of the cheekbones and place the thumbs slightly on the chin.
- Open your mouth and move the corners of your mouth towards your ears as if you were smiling broadly, and repeat 20 times. This exercise helps improve the appearance of the jowl.
- Put yourself in front of a mirror so that you can see your neck, jaw and throat muscles working.
- Lift your chin, open your mouth and stick out your tongue, trying to get the tip of your tongue to touch your chin, and hold the contraction with your tongue extended for three to five seconds and then withdraw your tongue and turn your head to the normal position.
- Repeat this exercise about five or ten times, several times a day.
5. For the neck
- Tilt your head back slightly, and press your tongue firmly on the roof of your mouth.
- Lower your chin towards your neck and make sure you keep the muscle in your neck tense, as you raise and lower your head. Repeat about 30 times.
Try these simple exercises and you’ll see how you reduce facial flabbiness and return strength to the muscles of the face.